This months WordPress Tunbridge Wells Meetup was all about SEO. We’ve captured the main points in this article but if you prefer to watch on video, then you can!
- All WordPress sites come with the leading SEO plugin Yoast. We recommend that users learn it’s key features and make a plan to use it to it’s best advantage
- Make sure your site is registered on Google Search Engine Tools. Use the Yoast plugin to generate a site map
- Use TinyPNG.com and TingJPG to reduce the site of your images before uploading as site speed is a key ranking factor in SEO
- Use https://supermetrics.com/ to connect Google Analytics to Google sheets or Excel. We’re trying this out ourselves and will report back!
- Good use for the keywords report on Search Engine tools. Use the keywords to create FAQ’s and other content people are looking for on your site.
- Get more reviews. Either on a industry specific site like Trip Advisor or Google Reviews.
Want to learn more? Watch the videos or see the presentations here.